The desktop is what we call the whole program area.
There are several items composing the desktop:
- Menu bar
- Main toolbar: This toolbar holds icons for the most often used imaging functions in EBSD-Image.
- Utility toolbar: This toolbar holds functions that the author finds most useful in his own work.
- Plugins toolbar: This toolbar holds functions related to EBSD-Image and other modules.
- Map button bar: Each button represents a map loaded on the desktop. The pressed button represents the selected map. Pressing one button selects the corresponding map and brings it to the front of the desktop.
- MultiMap tree: List of all MultiMap opened including EbsdMMap.
- Progress bar: Shows the progress of long operations. An operation must be at least one second long for the progress bar to show any progress.
- Map window: Button and information around a map window.