This method should only be used if you are not importing diffraction patterns from HKL Channel 5 or TSL OIM software. For those software, please refer to Import HKL Channel 5 projects and Import TSL OIM projects guide, respectively.
A few important notes about SMP file before launching the conversion:
- All images must be grayscale images (8-bit)
- All images must have the same dimensions (same width and same height)
To convert a series of diffraction patterns to a single SMP file:
- In the menu PlugIns in EBSD-Image, select EBSD and then Create an SMP file
- Select the directory containing all the image files
- Select where to save the SMP file